14th February is around the corner, and couples all across the globe are gearing up to shout their love from rooftops. Whether you’re an old pro or a newbie to the arena of love, Valentine’s day is special for everyone. Though roses and chocolates are always niches, they end up feeling cliché this year. Therefore, it’s time to make this year Valentine’s Day a little more quirky and funny, instead of just picking out a romantic gift a night before and wrapping it with the prettiest paper, believe me, your love will know when and how you bought the gift. So, this time go a little out of your way to select the most unusual gift to surprise your partner.
And for this, all you need to do is register yourself with myGermany and buy amazing gifts from German and European markets and get them delivered too.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT VALENTINE’S DAY
In the past, lovers exchanged tokens of affection such as flowers, little gifts, chocolates, and pretty cards but nowadays, Valentine’s Day has grown to encompass not just romantic love, but the love of every kind including friends and family members.
Most people know that Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a day to declare your love. A day to show how you truly love your partner or a day to wait for and ask that girl/guy you’ve always wanted to be yours out. Valentine day is the holiday that sells the most greeting cards in the word aside Christmas, and it is also a holiday where gifts of candy and flowers are freely and not so freely given as tokens of affection.
But do you know from where it came from? How it became so popular? How did it originate? Was it always about love and good feelings? Here are some surprising facts about Valentine’s day that you may not know:
- Valentine’s Day is celebrated on every 14th of February in each year. Many countries around the world celebrate this love day although most of these countries still work on the same day. Follow by New Year; it is the second most celebrated holiday in the world. Also, Valentine’s Day is the most popular card-giving holiday except for the Christmas holiday.
- History made us believed that a Mount Holyoke College student, Ester Howland, is the first person to have created the first lace valentine in the United States from lace, ribbon and colorful pictures. For what she created, she was named the mother of Valentine.
- According to legend, it was St. Valentine himself who sent the first Valentine in the form of a letter to his jailer’s blind daughter with whom he had fallen in love. Before King Claudius II order his death for marrying the king’s soldiers without his permission, Valentine penned a note to his love and signed it: From your Valentine.
- Red hearts are a ubiquitous Valentine symbol. The color is traditionally associated with the color of blood. At one time, people thought the heart, which pumps blood, was the part of the body that felt love. When the Egyptians mummified their dead for burial, they removed every organ but leave the heart because they believed the heart was the only part of the body necessary for the trip through eternity.
- It was once believed that if a woman saw a flying robin on Valentine’s day, she would end up getting married to a sailor. If a sparrow were the bird, she saw she would end up marrying a man that was poor but live a happy life forever. If she saw a goldfinch, it means she was to marry a man that was a millionaire.
- Instead of giving chocolates as a Valentine gift in Japan, heir men have gummy bear replicas of themselves made to present for their loves to take.
- The popular theory about Valentine day origin was that Emperor Claudius II didn’t want Roman men to marry during wartime. And Saint Valentine went against it and performed secret weddings. With this, we can also conclude that Valentine’s day was founded on an act of rebellion!
- In Victorian times it’s considered bad luck to sign a Valentine’s Day card.
- More than 1 billion Valentine Day card are exchanged each year. And therefore, it has become the second most substantial seasonal card-sending time of the year.
- Though many countries celebrate valentine, some countries are still against it among which is Saudi Arabia
- Valentines is believed to be a 600-year-old tradition.
- Since people consider pink and red as the colors of heart, valentine day is filled with red or pink stuff starting from wears, bags, shoes, hair, etc. Women buy the most Valentine’s gift.
- More than 110 billion roses are sold on this day throughout the world and marketers (rose, gift cards, and wears sellers) is said to earn twice if not three times of their regular income that very day.
- 35 Billion heart-shaped chocolate boxes are produced on this day.
- According to record, the average amount a man spends on this day in the United States is $130.
- Nowadays, you don’t have to be lovers to celebrate this day. You can celebrate it with your friends, co-workers, etc.
Some Ideas for the perfect gift:
If you are struggling to find the perfect little gift for your loved one to tell them how much you love them, let us help you with these beautiful Valentine’s Day gift ideas.
- Crystal Jewelry
- A bouquet of roses
- Gemstone jewelry
- A wristwatches
- A gift set from her favorite cosmetics line
- A custom name necklace
Always a perfect gift and an ideal present on Valentine’s Day is jewelry. You have many choices which piece you want to give your love. You have the option of rings, earrings, chains, bracelets or watches. Find the perfect one for your love or combinate it – maybe earrings to Valentine’s Day and the suitable chain to the birthday. You have the choice to make your partner happy.
Say it with crystal jewelry and give her a special sparkle.
Large selection of gemstone jewelry directly from the wholesale for all.
Surprise your special someone with a watches and jewelry.
Gift ideas for your loved ones.
At the early stages of any relationship, it’s only natural to get more excited and anxious about Valentine’s Day than usual. There’re many ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day whether you’ve been in a long-term relationship throughout recent years, or you’ve quite recently met someone special. Let the gift giving continue – with some of the most romantic and beautiful gifts for your special one on 14th February. And even if you’re single. If you want something special and unique, then go with myGermany.com. Here, You will find an extensive list of unique Valentine’s gift ideas and ways to celebrate the holiday.