myGermany Country Guide
Shop & Ship: Shop in Germany & Europe and ship to Canada
Overview International Shipping from Germany & Europe to Canada
How to ship to Canada? From online shopping to doorstep delivery in Canada, we provide all relevant services to get your stuff from Germany shipped to Canada, with the cheapest method! How much will it cost? What is the delivery time? Calculate upfront your shipping charges and delivery times, be informed about Canada‘s import regulations and use our currency converter to explore a stress-free shopping tour in Europe! Our amazing services have convinced clients in more then 200 countries.
We offer via DBSchenker, Dachser, FedEx and DHL: Economy, Express, Freight & Cargo Shipping to Canada.
Are you looking for the cheapest option to export a truck, a horse, car, or a bike from Germany?
Ship a car? Ship a truck? Ship a bike? Ship a mototrcycle? Ship a horse? Ship appartment contents? etc. check our special freight forwarding services too »
Our Services at a Glance for Canada
(click on them for more details)
The following commodities are prohibited into Canada:
CN274 implementation of the firearms act December 1, 1998
D9-1-1 jurisprudence and revenue canada’s interpretative policy for the administration of tariff Item No. 9899.00.00 on goods deemed to be obscene under subsection 163(8) of the criminal code
Coin, base or counterfeit
Customs tariff criminal code importation of offensive weapons
False description of geographical origin of goods and goods with trade marks – tariff item 9897.00.00
Firearms and weapons (Canadian Firearms Center)
Goods manufactured or produced wholly or in part by prison labour
Importation of used or second-hand motor vehicles
D9-1-15 policy for the administration of tariff item 9899.00.00 – hate propaganda, treason and sedition
Used or second-hand mattresses
Personal shipments of alcohol and tobacco
Electronic Cigarettes that contains nicotine, propylene glycol and other chemcials listed on the Canadian Food and Drug controlled substance list.
Further prohibited items: Subject to the terms and conditions of the FedEx Ground Tariff, all-inclusive and is subject to modification without notice. FedEx Ground reserves the right to open and inspect any package tendered for delivery. FedEx Ground will refuse and may return any shipment that is considered unsafe, unlawful, or violates the terms and conditions of the FedEx Ground Tariff.
- Alcohol beverages.
- Ammunition of any kind.
- All live animals, dead animals and animals that have been mounted.
- Money, cash, coins, currency, paper money, and negotiable instruments equivalent to cash, such as endorsed stocks, bonds and cash letters.
- Collectible coins and stamps.
- Dangerous Goods.
- Firearms, weaponry and their parts (and replicas thereof).
- Explosives, fireworks, flares, matches.
- Hazardous materials and hazardous waste, including, but not limited to, used hypodermic needles, syringes or other medical waste (shipments to Canada classified as “Other Regulated Materials- Domestic” (ORM-D) are allowed if they contain consumer commodities only and are properly labeled).
- Human corpses, human organs or body parts, human and animal embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
- Perishables (including, but not limited to, perishable food/foodstuffs/beverages, perishable pharmaceuticals, and any other items requiring refrigeration or other environmental controls).
- Plants, plant materials and seeds, including cut flowers.
- Pornographic and/or obscene material.
- Tobacco, cigarettes and tobacco products.
- Unaccompanied baggage.
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by law.
- Shipments being processed under:
- Duty drawback claims unless advance arrangements are madeTemporary Import BondsU.S. State Department licensesCarnetsU.S. Drug Enforcement Administration export permitLetters of creditCertificate of RegistrationShipments moving into or out of United States Foreign Trade Zones or bonded warehouses
- Shipments that may cause damage to, or delay of, equipment, personnel or other shipments.
- Shipments that require FedEx Ground to obtain any special license or permit for transportation, importation or exportation.
- Shipments whose carriage, importation or exportation is prohibited by any law, statute or regulation.
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odor of any kind.
- Improperly packaged shipments.
- Waste or garbage for disposal.
- Live insects.
- Any commodity that requires Electronic Export Information (formerly known as the Shippers Export Declaration, or SED).
- Electronic Cigarettes that contains nicotine, propylene glycol and other chemcials listed on the Canadian Food and Drug controlled substance list.
- Expensive Watches
- CDs and DVDs
You can find more information here:
myGermany ships from Weimar, Germany to Canada with following methods. How much time does it take?
- DHL PREMIUM
6-7 working days
- DHL Express
5-6 working days
- FedEx International Economy
2-3 working days
- FedEx International Priority/Express
1-2 working days
Please mind for freight different times can be applied (in case you wish us to ship cargo, such as a car / truck / horse / appartment contents / bikes / motorcycles etc.)
Customs & Taxes
Next to our rates additional tax and customs costs can occur. Canada has determined an upper value limit or allowance which means that they are exempt from customs duties or tax (de minimis threshold). How much? Here are the limits:
- Duty 20 CAD
- Tax 20 CAD
Please note, that customs are free to change these limits and can work with their own assessment basis.