1. General information
Your personal data (registration data, details concerning your order placements etc.) will be stored by myGermany and treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR/DSGVO) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), May 2016.
myGermany respects the security and data privacy of their customers and will never sell or disclose personal customer data such as names or addresses and other related information for advertising purposes or the like. We use 3rd party vendor re-markting tools sch as Google Adwords, wherefore eMail addresses will be used, only.
We consider it important, that our customers know what happens to their data. Below you´ll find an overview of which data are collected by us and for which purposes they will be used for.
2. Customer data legal justification for storage and use
As it is necessary for performance of our work (using your address for shipments, collecting payments etc.) we will store your data.
All customer data provided in the registration process will be stored by myGermany, and encrypted and protected against destruction, loss, unauthorised access, or inappropriate use. For this reason, we have teamed up with our cooperation partner HostEurope, whose colocation centre ranks among the largest and most secure ones in Germany.
3. Use of customer data
myGermany guarantees to store only such customer data, which are considered important with respect to the handling of the respective processes.
For what purposes are the customer data used by myGermany?
- CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION – Communication with our customers, Customer support, and internal email markting. Programs intern: Thunderbird, extern: WP Newsletter and LiveChat. Used data: eMail Adresses only
- CUSTOMER DATA USAGE MANAGEMENT – Regsitration, Authentication, Customer Account Processes. Our System: LifeRay hosted at HostEurope in Europe/Germany and Luxembourg. Used data: all from your account
- OUR WORK – Check and inspection of incoming shipments. Used data: all from your account
- ACCOUNTANCY – Used external program: Datev. Used data: names and address
- Placing orders on behalf of customers (concierge service)
- ANALYTICS – For statistic purposes (only anonymized data)
- PAYMENTS – For transactions specific data will be submitted to secure 3rd party payment providers, such as Paypal, WireCard, AliPay, UnionPay etc.
All personal customer data stored by myGermany are shown in your customer account.
E-mail addresses will be used for direct communication with our customers and re-marketing, only. This includes the welcome e-mail sent to you upon your signup, messages in the event of incoming or forwarded shipments, announcements made by myGermany to inform you about news or changes, and re-marketing activities.
eMail Re-Marketing: We also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
myGermany will never disclose, sell, lease or pass on personal customer data to external companies or vendors. Exemption applies to our carriage service providers and online payment partners that require your customer data for the performance of their services. Furthermore, myGermany reserves the right to disclose customer data to official authorities in cases of criminal prosecution.
Apart from that, myGermany reserves the right to reject, delete, or make adjustments with respect to the information and data provided by customers.
4. Access to customer data
Who can see or access my personal customer data?
- All of those staff members of myGermany, who are trained in the processing and handling of data subject to privacy protection laws.
- Our board of management (in exceptional cases)
- Our carriage service providers are provided only with such data necessary for the fulfilment of customer orders, which excludes the disclosure of E-mail addresses or telephone numbers.
- Our online payment partners are provided only with order-related data, enabling them to verify and carry out the payment process
5. Customer rights
The consent to use and store personal customer data is optional and, hence, not mandatory. However, the customer´s refusal of consent regarding the use and storage of their data entails the refusal on part of myGermany to provide any services or forward shipments to customers.
myGermany will always be at your disposal for all your queries or concerns related to the German Act of Data Privacy, such as:
- Detailed information on the use of your data
- Request for a copy of the personal data provided by you in your customer profile
- Request for updates or adjustments regarding your data
- Withdrawal of your consent to disclose your data to carriage service providers and online payment partners.
Moreover, upon your request, we will delete your data from your our servers at any time. The contact details of the competent department are stated below:
6. Deletion of data
Due to our obligation regarding the applicable tax provisions, the immediate deletion of customer data is usually not possible, unless explicitly requested by the customer. As a general rule, customer data are deleted after a period of three months at the latest as this is the period required for the storage of data, unless we are obligated by law to store the data for a longer period. The termination of the contractual relationship doesn´t diminish the right of the customer to have his profile data adjusted or deleted at any time.
7. Information on user behaviour
Every access to our homepage is logged. These data are not person-related – hence, myGermany cannot trace back, what kind of data are called up by which user.
The IP-address of the computer used to call up our homepage is not stored. Therefore, the generation of person-related user profiles is not possible.
The data are used for statistic surveys serving internal purposes of myGermany. Above-mentioned surveys are, by no means, linked with customer data. The survey or evaluation of said data is conducted by myGermany. This excludes the disclosure of data towards third parties.
8. Data privacy and security
myGermany handles your data though a managed and passord-protected access controll, and guarantees for a secure, encrypted data transmission using SSL (Secure Socket Layer). All individual order details such as the name or address of the customer, and product specifications are transmitted in an encrypted way and stored on a server which is protected against unauthorised access. We are committed to provide our customers with the highest level of security. Therefore we cooperate only with certified payment service providers that meet our high requirements especially regarding the data transmission involving payments made by debit- or credit cards. myGermany will never store any information or date with respect to your debit or credit card. However, the responsibility with respect to the security of the browser used rests with the customer.
9. Data breaches
Any personal data breaches which would significantly harm individuals will be reported within 72 hours to the German Information Commissioner’s Office in Bonn (Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit).
10. Final provisions and subject access requests (DPO)
myGermany reserves the right to make amendments or updates of this data privacy agreement. In such an event, myGermany will directly inform their customers and publish an update on their homepage in a timely manner.
Please don´t hesitate to address your queries or complaints concerning data privacy to myGermany at any time under:
DPO Data Protection OfficermyGermany GmbH