Legal & Safety Restrictions
Export and Import Laws, Prohibited Goods
myGermany will not accept or ship goods which are prohibited or require special handling in accordance with regulations of the exporting or importing country or due to transport regulations. myGermany will not ship items restricted by licensing rights. If such items are found during the inspection of a parcel, we will notify you and discuss with you how to proceed. Unless otherwise arranged by you, we will charge you for the return of the prohibited items to the original vendor. An additional processing fee will also be charged for this service.
You agree to comply with all applicable provisions: a) the country from which the goods are shipped and b) the country in which the goods are received. You further agree not to use myGermany for sending illegal goods. myGermany depends on the definition of illegal or prohibited goods according to the specifications of the importing or exporting country, in accordance with the provisions of the German Customs and according to the specifications of our shipping service providers DHL Country-specific / DHL General / Fedex / DPD / GLS / UPS.
- Explosive, toxic or highly combustible materials such as loose Lithium batteries, Engine oil, fuel, etc.
(In certain cases, Lithium batteries can be delivered, please check here »)
- Electronics & lithium batteries may be classified as dangerous goods and beside specific shipping restrictions a special declaration has to be made. In general the shipment is limited. Please approach myGermany before attempting to ship such items »
- Environmentally hazardous and radioactive materials
- Fireworks and materials that require special expenses or particularly temperature- or pressure-sensitive materials
- Weapons, weapon components, or objects which could injure or infect people
- Products for military use, for example, sonar systems, laser or aircraft parts
- Animal carcasses or live animals
- Cash, money and related items
- Telephone cards, SIM cards, contractual-bound and pre-paid
Equities, securities and other similar documents, e. g. credit cards, deposit and cheque books, bills of exchange, credit cards, debit cards, letters from banks, bank notes
- Verification letters such as for GoogleAdSense or betting offices etc.
- Drugs, unapproved medications or infectious substances
- Alcohol outside EU may be restricted »
- Goods, which are prohibited or restricted by licensing rights or organizations such as ICAO, IATA, government, etc.
- We do not ship Shipments to Post Office Addresses, PO Boxes, or Poste Restante unless otherwise agreed
If myGermany received prohibited items, you will be notified via eMail. We discuss with you if it will be either destroyed or returned at your costs.
We would like to point out that myGermany will comply with all applicable export and import laws and that we reject the shipment of articles, for which a separate export or import permit is required. You have the responsibility and commit yourself to indemnify myGermany of all costs and fines incurred for myGermany, if it is determined that a consignment violates these terms, as well as of court costs and attorney fees incurred for myGermany in connection with such violations. myGermany will have the right to terminate your account and your use of myGermany services if you violate any of the above representations and acknowledgments.
For questions or any comments feel free to contact us: email@example.com
Or ask us directly here.
Can I ship Mobile Phones and other technical devices with Lithium Ion Batteries?
Yes and No.
myGermany can ship technical devices containing lithium ion batteries with certain partners in certain countries ». Lithium Ion batteries are classified as Dangerous Goods. Beside specific shipping restrictions a special declaration has to be made which will be done by myGermany. Further details from IATA »
Batteries alone/loose? cannot be shipped, prohibited!
Batteries contained / packed / inside in equipment? can be shipped if the cells < 20Wh / battery < 100 Wh (BTW: Smartphones such as IPhones or Samsungs have approx 5,5Wh, Laptops such as MacBooks have approx 95Wh) If you are not sure, please approach myGermany before attempting to ship such items.
We will screen all incoming packages in our warehouse. Items which cannot be shipped, have either to be destroyed or returned at your costs.
Can I ship Perfumes?
Yes and No.
Perfume is considered as Dangerous Goods. We can ship small amounts below 30ml with certain partners in certain countries. But herefore we need to have the MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet, which shall be provided by the merchant or producer. Please provide to myGermany details of the perfume you whish to forward and we will check your individual case »
Can I ship Alcohol?
Yes and No.
Within Europe we can ship alcohol without limitations.
In all muslim countries it is prohibited and we do not ship.
To other countries we can ship also, some limitations are: the containing alcohol needs to be less than 70% and max 5L per bottle, in certain countries recipient is required to possess an alcohol-import-license. For specific please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mind, that we exclude liability for particularly fragile goods which require a special treatment or have to only be transported upright or on one side.
Can I ship Food / Nutrition / FDA related items?
Yes and No.
We can ship preserved products, nutrition, food etc. Even frozen items can be sent. But a lot of products are restricted in certain countries and/or require specific import processes, such as for FDA in U.S. Please contact us before you order/ship at email@example.com
Please mind, that any items which cannot be imported will be either destroyed or returned at your cots.